Pain management center in West Palm Beach
The Center for Pain Care at JFK Medical Center North Campus provides compassionate and respectful treatment for patients who have acute and chronic pain.
We take pride in our professional treatment methods, providing an accurate assessment and diagnosis and offering effective and appropriate rehabilitation.
For more information on our pain management and treatment services, please call us at (561) 863-3958.
Many people experience chronic pain. According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, 20 percent of U.S. adults have chronic pain and 8 percent have high-impact chronic pain. Our goal is to provide comprehensive treatment for patients suffering from these various types of acute and chronic pain.
Pain disorders we treat
We strive to reduce a patient's pain or relieve it completely. Among the chronic issues treated are:
- Cancer pain—Pain caused by the presence of cancer in the body
- Low back pain—Subacute or chronic pain of the lower back
- Sciatica—An irritation of the sciatic nerve, which starts in the lower back and runs down the leg
- Cervical (neck) strain—A condition often referred to as a "pinched nerve" occurring when a nerve in the neck is irritated or compressed
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy—A disorder that causes pain, often in an arm or leg, after an injury, stroke or heart attack
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)—A chronic condition that affects the nerves and blood vessels of at least one limb
- Post-herpetic neuralgia—Pain in the nerves and skin due to complications of herpes zoster, commonly called "shingles"
- Myofascial syndrome—A pain disorder caused by peripheral nerve damage
- Pancreatic pain—Pain caused by disorders of the pancreas
- Neuropathic pain—Pain from damaged or poorly working nerves
Pain management specialists
Dedication and teamwork help us provide effective reduction of pain at its source. We know that physical therapy and behavioral health treatment can also aid in pain relief, and we work closely with those JFK Medical Center North Campus programs.
We teach patients with pain how to function productively while increasing their endurance, strength and flexibility. Our pain management team of specialists includes:
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
All of our physicians are dedicated to helping patients find relief via the following treatments:
- Managing medications
- Procedural intervention
- Referrals for biofeedback
- Psychiatric services
- Physical therapy
Treatment for chronic back pain
We have seen positive results from our patients in various pain management treatment programs. For example, our advanced, minimally invasive disc surgery has been successful in treating chronic back pain. In addition to minimally invasive disc surgery, our pain doctors offer treatment options that include:
- Vertebroplasty—A procedure used to treat vertical compression fractures
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA)—A treatment involving radio waves, which reduces pain in the head, neck and face
- Fluoroscopic-guided epidural injections—A procedure that uses fluoroscopy to deliver medication to the cervical, thoracic or lumbar areas for spinal pain
- Neurolytic blocks—A nerve block, which involves the application of heat, ice or chemicals to relieve pain in cancer patients
- Sympathetic blocks—An injection of a local anesthetic to alleviate pain from sympathetic dystrophy
- Neurolytic splanchnic blocks—A nerve block used to manage visceral (such as pancreatitis), pelvic or perineal pain
- Implantable therapies—Pain management techniques, including dorsal column stimulators and subarachnoid pumps, used to manage chronic pain symptoms