The Center for Pain Care at JFK Medical Center North Campus
The Center for Pain Care provides compassionate and respectful treatment for patients who have acute and chronic pain problems. Dedication and teamwork help us to provide effective reduction of pain from its source. We take pride in our professional treatment methods, which are a result of accurate assessment and diagnosis of the source of the pain combined with effective and appropriate rehabilitation. We teach patients with pain how to function productively while increasing their endurance, strength and flexibility.
All of our physicians are dedicated to helping patients find relief by managing medications, procedural intervention, referrals for biofeedback, psychiatric services and physical therapy. Our specialists include Neurologists, Anesthesiologists, Orthopedic Surgeons, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Nurse and Psychologists.
We Provide Relief from Pain
Many people suffer from chronic, inoperable pain. Over 65 million Americans suffer temporary or permanent disabilities associated with pain and 90% of all diseases have resulting pain. Our goal at the Center for Pain Care is to provide comprehensive treatment for patients suffering from these various types of acute and chronic pain.
The Center strives to reduce a patient's pain or relieve it completely. Among the chronic disorders treated are:
- Cancer Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Cervical (neck) Strain
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Post-herpetic Neuralgia
- Myofascial Syndrome (pain caused by peripheral nerve damage)
- Pancreatic Pain Neuropathic Pain
Treatment for Chronic Back Pain
We are receiving positive results from our patients in various pain management treatment programs including our advanced, minimally invasive disc surgery introduced as a treatment for chronic back pain.
In addition to the minimally invasive disc surgery, doctors can choose to pursue one or more of the following treatment options for their patients, depending on the area or reason for chronic pain symptoms:
- Vertebroplasty for vertical compression fractures, which is yielding good results
- Radio Frequency Procedures for head/neck and face pain
- Fluoroscopic-Guided Epidural Injections in cervical, thoracic or lumbar areas for spinal related pain
- Neurolytic Blocks that are primarily for pain associated with cancer
- Sympathetic Blocks using local anesthetic or radio frequency for sympathetic dystrophy
- Neurolytic Splanchnic Blocks for visceral (such as pancreatitis), pelvic or perineal pain
- Implantable Therapies such as dorsal column stimulators or subarachnoid pumps